Friday, March 3, 2017

Month 1, Day 4

Today has been one of the hardest days so far. Not because of cravings or anything, I'm doing great with managing those. I actually haven't really been that hungry today. I had class at 1 so I slept in pretty late and skipped breakfast. I ate my lunch around 2 when I got home. Tonight is my first 3rd shift since I started and I know I'm going to be hungry in the middle of the night so I saved my breakfast protein for my "lunch" break at work. I've just really felt off today. I feel a little nauseous and dizzy. I slept for about 3 hours before I got up and made dinner. It didn't help. I still feel woozy, but I'll make it through the night. I haven't had enough water today, so that could be a big part of it. I am in ketosis though! So that's good. Yesterday's test strip read "moderate" levels of ketones in my urine and this morning's was darker than moderate, closer to "large" amounts. The weight loss really is rapid... Like I said yesterday, I can't help but check my weight daily, even though I'm not recording it, and according to this morning's weight check I'm down 7.2 pounds already!! It really makes it easier to keep going when I'm seeing the results right away. I do realize that at some point that will slow down. I can't lose that much in 4 days forever. But even losing 7 pounds in a month is exciting to me! (the average during ketosis is 8-12 pounds a month). I really can't wait to get on the scale at the doctors office at my month checkup and see what it says.

Okay, I'll get to the boring part:

Lunch: 3.7 ounces baked chicken, 1/2 cup french style green beans
Dinner: 3.3 ounces Italian turkey sausage, salad with spinach, 1/2 cup tomatoes, sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper, and reduced fat Italian dressing.

For my lunch break I have to eat 5.5 ounces of protein to make up what I'm lacking, so I'll take some more turkey sausage maybe a small piece of chicken. And of course my celery and hot sauce. I also saved my sugar free jello for work, Normally at work on 3rd shift all I do is eat. There's always so much food and temptation, so I want to make sure I have enough that I can eat to keep me on track and away from the dark side. It's killing me that I can't eat fruit. I love fruit so much, and I just bought Glenn a bunch of fresh fruit. It was torture. I could smell it in the back seat driving home from the store. I needed something to fit in there that I can substitute for fruit, something fruity and sweet, so I found some Powerade that has 0 sugar, 0 calories, 0 fat, and less than 1 gram of carbs. They were only 79 cents at Golden Dawn so I felt it was meant to be. They aren't bad. It's no fresh bananas and strawberries, but it'll do. Well, I think I'm done with this for the day. I have to get in the shower and get ready for work. Wish me luck! This is truly going to be a test of my will. 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment